We have already written detailed information on mahogany tree farming profit in which we have explained the minimum requirements for this special timber farming in Tanzania, Australia, India or for any other global region. We have also introduced a mahogany tree farming project report that explains mahogany tree price in India, Philippines along with cost and more.
We are getting a few queries on mahogany contract farming in India so today, we will provide information about a few companies that are doing contract farming business. This post also contains mushroom contract farming information and to get A to Z details on how to start mushroom cultivation just click the link you will be diverted to another post that contains all the information about mushroom cultivation such as temperature, mycelium run, spawning, etc.
- 1 What is contract farming
- 2 Mahogany contract farming companies in India
- 3 Mushroom contract farming in India
- 4 Mahogany tree FAQ
What is contract farming
- Contract farming is a modern era farming. The biggest benefit of contract farming is that it fixes the price for selling the goods. It maintains a balance between demand and supply.
- Contract farming means when the farmer gives his farm on contract to any person, organization or company to grow the crop.
- We can see this in two ways: in one situation a farmer contracts with a person or company that they will grow the crop according to the company, which the company will have to take at a fixed price.
- In the second situation the concerned company also provides fertilizer medicines and pesticides to the farmers and they also buy the product at a fixed price.
- Apart from these two methods there is one more method in contract farming in which there is a contract between farmer and company or an organisation in which farmer just need to give the land to the company for the particular period according to the contract in which company will do all the cultivation and company will pay farmer only for their land or they might give farmer some percentage of the particular crop that was grown in their farm, depending on the type of contract.
Contract farming was first introduced in 2018 by the union Ministry of Agriculture that circulated a model law on contract farming. It was called the state UT / agricultural produce contract farming act 2018.
- India is the first country to adopt Agroforestry policy. Integration of trees, crops, livestock's is done on the same land under National Agroforestry Policy.
- The procedure of registering contract farming in your state may vary a bit but the basic requirements will be the same. It was recommended by a committee of state ministers of agriculture reforms that instead of apmc district level authority should be registered for registration for contract farming agreements.
- Under the draft model act every agreement needs to be registered with an agreement recording committee by officials from departments Agriculture husbandry rural development and marketing. These committees will work on district level, talukas or block level.
Mahogany contract farming companies in India
There are various companies that have a contract farming business model and are effectively doing contract farming of mahogany tree from their region. We are presenting some of them.
Chaturveda pvt ltd (mahogany tree contract farming)
- Office address - Chaturveda Plantech Pvt Ltd.
- Door no 15 -94 1st floor
- Opposite Pallavi Gardens
- Chintalakunta Hyderabad 500070
- Email id - email@example.com
- Contact number -
- +91 9701501970, +91 6281319656, +91 9035867166, +91 7676506778
Benefits of the farmer according to Chaturveda company
- Assured market returns
- Risk elimination due to price fluctuation
- Transportation on time
- Direct benefit due to no middle man
- Reduces lending from private money lenders.
- Ample input supply
- Employment opportunity
Matribhumi biotech India (mahogany contract farming)
- Office address - Singur, West Bengal India
- Email id - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact number - 9733518522
Mushroom contract farming in India
Details of mushroom contract farming company are given below
Biobrite Agro solutions pvt ltd (oyster mushroom contract farming)
- 11th lane kallappa plaza, 3rd floor, Jaysingpur, kolhapur, Maharashtra
- Contact details - 9923806933
Suggestions - We recommend you to maintain a bond during the contract farming period. However, these companies will perform paperwork from their side but you should take a vigilant step by cross verifying all the paperwork with your own lawyer and do visit at local agriculture office moreover, you must keep the original copy with you and if any company is just providing a photocopy of the contract farming bond then you should ask them to provide the original bond of the contract farming period.
It is also recommended not to go for a long term bond directly instead you should ask the company for a 1 to 2 years bond and then you can renew it after one or two years. Perhaps, this method may result in a little more money from your pocket during each renewal but in case there is any mishap from the company at that time you will not lose a big amount and long term effort by applying this short term contract farming method.
Disclaimer - Hence, we (signup trending nature) are publishing the details of the above given contract farming companies in our blog post so it's our responsibility to inform you. Please inquire in detail about these companies from your end and after satisfaction you can go with them.
Mahogany tree FAQ
How many mahogany trees can be planted per acre?
500, 700 or 1000 mahogany plants can be planted in 1 acre. It depends on the spacing.
How fast do mahogany trees grow?
African mahogany tree can grow in 10 years whereas Indian mahogany needs near 20-25 years to grow mature.
How much does a mahogany tree cost?
Mahogany tree price after 10 years Rs 15,000 (203.78 usd) to Rs 20,000 (271.71 usd)
What are the Philippine mahogany wood uses?
Mahogany wood is majorly used in making boats, musical instruments like guitar (specially guitar neck), mahogany floor, doors etc.
What will be mahogany tree price after 15 years?
Mahogany tree price after 15 years might be between $ 271.71 USD to $ 475.50 USD.
What is mahogany scientific name in Philippines?
Mahogany scientific name Philippines is Swietenia macropylla.