Hemp in 1 Acre = Trees in 4 Acre provides equal amount of Paper so use hemp and save trees, To make hemp tissue paper, hemp cellulose fibre turned into a pulp after removing unwanted lignin, the pulp is then flattened and dried into a thin sheet of tissue that can be turned into multiple hemp toilet paper rolls. How to start hemp tissue paper business, process of making hemp, Hemp Sanitary pads, Hemp tissue Paper, hemp Toilet papers, kitchen towels, paper roll, facial tissue, napkins, hemp paper bag
In my previous post on hemp, I have explained hemp cultivation in which we have seen how we can convert barren or wasteland into fertile land with the help of this important weed. In this post we will experience the importance of hemp tissue paper, hemp toilet paper, how to make hemp paper
Before going through this post, I request you to have an in-depth look at the conclusion that is mention below.
Hemp in 1 Acre = Trees in 4 Acre
Provides equal amount of Paper so use hemp and save tree
I would like to raise my voice in favour of “hemp for paper” which is very necessary from my point of view because I am the person who loves environment, and paper made by hemp is ecofriendly, if you will search for hemp vs paper, hemp vs trees, what is hemp paper or hemp vs tree for paper in every search you will get same answer that I have also covered in this post, to reach closer to identify the value of hemp one must be aware of hemp illegal paper industry.
When we talk about the top ten hemp companies in India, one must know hemp cultivation is not legalized in all Indian states. Uttarakhand was the first state to legalize hemp cultivation in 2017, and the second is Uttar Pradesh; However Uttarakhand Government has permitted hemp cultivation, but there is a fixed parameter, and one can only start hemp cultivation if he could meet the parameter; it is not that difficult to meet that parameter. Still, the license applying procedure is not up to the mark and doesn’t have any road map to promote “How to apply for the license of hemp cultivation.”
If you disagree with me, I could easily ask you why Uttarakhand cannot produce hemp on a large scale even though the climate condition is appropriate to the hemp! Why farmers are not applying for a hemp license even after Uttarakhand is the first state permitted for a request for hemp cultivation way back in 2017!
Tissue Paper, especially hemp tissue paper which plays a vital role in our life. In western countries it is a precious thing and it has made a reach to Asian countries as well; if we talk about India it is becoming a part of a lifestyle especially, the people who are living in metro cities, and now people are more health-conscious, so demand of hemp tissue paper is increasing day by day.
Early morning, girl using hemp tissue paper
- This is a popular paper and commonly used worldwide in the form of rolling papers, canvases, hemp paper towels and archival paper as well.
- Hemp is an extremely versatile and fast-growing plant and can be used to make clothing, textiles, plastics, paints, biofuel, food, and paper as well. The hemp plant can contain up to 85 % cellulose while trees generally only contain up to 30 % cellulose this makes hemp an ideal choice for turning into a paper
- Hemp papers can also be used for personal products such as hemp toilet paper, sanitary pads. unlike plastics, the decomposing of hemp is natural and therefore makes this product highly sustainable and ecofriendly.
- Most hemp papers are acid free and are therefore long-lasting. Now hemp paper is gaining popularity for archival papers as well.
- 1 Hemp related questions – FAQ
- 2 Hemp Tissue Papers
- 3 Hemp toilet paper
- 4 Process of making Hemp
- 5 Top 10 Companies of Hemp in the world
- 6 Hemp paper vs Tree paper
- 7 Growth of Hemp Paper Industry :
- 8 Hemp Tissue Paper business overview
When world weed day is celebrated?
4th April is celebrated as world weed day and 420 is the code of Marijuana it is also known as 4/20.
Why don’t we use hemp paper?
Because of the low production the cost of hemp paper is higher than the usual paper but it can be decrease if government will make a clear policy that will also help our environment.
Which can produce more paper from 1 acre of land, hemp or tree?
Hemp in 1 acre is equal to trees in 4 acre provides equal amount of paper so try to use hemp and save trees but for that government need to take an initiative by promoting hemp cultivation with a clear road map including clean license policy.
What are types of hemp paper
Top 7 benefits of hemp toilet paper
Hemp toilet paper is soft
It is strong durable and absorbent
Hemp toilet paper is antibacterial
It is renewable
Hemp is biodegradable
High in cellulose (cellulose- major component of paper making)
Hemp can reduce deforestation
Where can I buy hemp toilet paper?
Hemp toilet paper are easily available at online shopping platforms like Hempies paper, Amazon etc but its difficult to buy from ordinary shop due to unavailability.
Hemp Tissue Papers
Hemp paper products are becoming trend day by day.
The hemp cellulose fibres are process to a particular pulp. The pulp is then formed into a thin shade tissue paper product, of randomly oriented short hemp fibres.
How is toilet paper made – how to make toilet papers – how toilet paper is made
How hemp toilet paper is made
What is toilet paper made out of – To make hemp toilet paper, hemp cellulose fibre turned into a pulp after removing unwanted lignin, the pulp is then flattened and dried into a thin sheet of tissue that can be turned into multiple hemp toilet paper rolls.
Trees and bamboo go through the same process but requires extensive chemical processing. Hemp tissue paper production is possible with little to no chemical processing. Still, the person who is in the profession of paper making might not aware of the qualities of hemp and might not think about forest and trees that person may just think, is toilet paper made out of trees, toilet paper for sale, why they can’t believe in different aspects like how do they make toilet paper, how to make paper from hemp, making paper from hemp If all will think in a positive way, the way that should not harm someone especially trees and our enviornment which is responsible for our oxygen.
Hemp toilet paper
Toilet paper is a highly and commonly used product in the entire world. It becomes essential to make the switch to a more sustainable option like hemp toilet paper. Hemp toilet paper is more sustainable in all aspects, from growing-composing-decomposing.
While talking about what and where to buy, I suggest you buy Hemp toilet paper bathroom tissue, hemp soft, hemp toilet paper; you can purchase all these hemp tissue papers offline in malls and available in general stores; while buying hemp tissue paper online, you can find them on flipkart, indiamart and hemp toilet paper amazon, hemp toilet paper for sale. When we talk about clothing and innerwear, a thong is one of the most demanding hemp products in ladies because of its comfort, and in men boy shots are trendy.
Hemp in 1 Acre = Trees in 4 Acre provides equal amount of Paper so use hemp and save trees
Man is using hemp tissue paper while preparing burger
Process of making Hemp
Do you know how to make paper from plants? well, for hemp paper, the process is pretty simple. It involves breaking down hemp fibers into a pulp that can then be laid out and molded into a screen paper making frame and dried.
The hemp cellulose fibres are derived mainly from the plants cannabis, cannabis sativa or cannabis sativa indica, however also may be derived from the plants Musa or Abaca Textilis plant family which is also known as manila hemp. The hemp cellulose fibres are process to a particular pulp. The pulp is then formed into a thin shad tissue paper product, of randomly oriented short hemp fibres.
- Hemp papers can be produced from long bast fibers and short hurds or pulp of hemp plants
- Bast fibers- Paper produced from the bast fibers is thin tough and rough, it is also brittle.
- Hemp hurds- Paper produced from the hemp hurd is easier to make, it is softer and thicker and better raw material than wood pulp.
How to make paper from hemp
Hemp hurds are a low value by product of industrial hemp processing that are generally used for animal bed litter. Tissue paper was febricated from hemp hurd fibers by following three pulping processes: autohydrolysis (hydrothermal, sodium carbonate based defibration, and high yield craft pulping and bench mark against hardwood pulp to meet industrial standards, hardwood and hemp pulp fibres were mixed at a dry mass ratio of 75:25, from which tissue paper sheets were prepared.
Making paper from hemp
Tissue handsheets at a basis weight of 30 g/m2 were prepared according to TAPPIT205sp-02(2006) method with the following modifications : a light weight (~0.15 kg) foam roller was used for couching instead of a standard heavy (13kg) brass roller and did not include the pressing process. All handsheets were conditioned at 23 degree Celsius and 50 % relatively humidity (RH) before testing.
Top 10 Companies of Hemp in the world
China is currently the top country in hemp paper production and supply
Even after a good research there is not a verified data that shows correct numbering order of these companies, so I can share them but not ranking wise.
- Alibaba.com – is the largest online marketplace is full of companies supplying cigarette and rolling paper in bulk and well known for Alibaba hemp toilet paper as well.
- Rawganique – As the name shows the company is committed to manufacture chemical free products. This company was originated in Europe but now operates in Canada and the U.S.A
- Quintessential tips limited – This U.K. based company specializes in producing cigarette paper from hemp.
- Green field paper – Produces journals and sketch boxes made of hemp paper. Located in San Diego, California.
- Tree free hemp paper Company – Produces everything from business cards to brochures.
- Hammond paper – Leading supplier of packaging materials manufactured from hemp paper.
- Hussain papers – is the producer and supplier of hand made hemp papers for calligraphy and painting. Situated in Rajasthan.
- Hemp.press – Produces hemp base packaging paper (U.S.A).
- Eco Industrees – Produces hand made hemp paper for painting and crafts. Situated in gujrat, India.
Uttarakhand has seen mass migration, and most of the villagers are either uninhabited or full of older men, women, and children as male members have moved to the city in search of jobs. Though these families have small farms, they don’t do farming as animals destroy their crops. 75% of farmers have left farming in the hills of Uttarakhand.
This problem can be changed into an opportunity if all these people will accept hemp cultivation. If hemp cultivation is promoted on a large scale, it can stop the migration problem and contribute a lot to the environment.
Legally one can obtain a license to grow industrial hemp containing THC, no more than 0.3 percent, but only in the state of Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh. If you are looking to cultivate medicinal hemp, you can do it only in Uttarakhand.
Recently Mr Jai Ram Thakur chief minister of Himachal Pradesh clarified that the Himachal government is going to allow hemp cultivation in Himachal Pradesh he also added that the government is coming up with a policy to allow cannabis cultivation in Himachal Pradesh and this will be controlled cultivation of hemp. Read more on cannabis farming
We can compare hemp paper vs tree paper like this –
Hemp in 1 Acre = Trees in 4 Acre
provides equal amount of Paper so use hemp and save trees
Hemp in 1 Acre = Trees in 4 Acre provides equal amount of Paper so use hemp and save trees
Somebody can recycle hemp eight times than regular paper that can only be recycled about three times. One acre of hemp is the same as four acre of trees. Hence, it allready proved that too many trees were cosumed for making paper, which is time-consuming and not environment friendly; trees usually take 10 to 15 years to grow to deliver the form, and hemp only takes four months to develop and provide the report. In comparison to the world, India lacks way back in hemp production, although the current government has taken some initiatives but need to shift the gear.
Hemp paper vs Tree paper
|1. Hemp produces more yield and grows faster than trees.|
|2. Hemp paper can be recycled more than tree paper.|
|3. Hemp paper requires minimal to no chemical processing.|
|4. Hemp paper makes for high quality books and archival papers.|
|5. Hemp paper produces echofriendly tea bags.|
|6. Hemp paper makes the perfect art canavases.|
|7. Hemp paper lasts longer than the tree paper.|
|8. Hemp paper can be recycled more than the tree paper.|
|9. Hemp paper helps stop deforestation and save the planet.|
|10. Hemp produces biodegradable plastic it is toxin free, longterm and echofriendly.|
Growth of Hemp Paper Industry :
Hemp industry is one of the vast growing industry. Experts believe that hemp industry will grow to 26.6 billion US $ by 2025. Hemp fiber will dominate the market during this period. Hemp textile and hemp paper are two major products. Hemp paper machine
In 2017 hemp cultivation was first legalized by Uttarakhand. But due to lack of awareness of people and insufficient promotions by government, Uttarakhand is still strugling in farming sector otherwise even after having lots of farming land that are suitable for hemp cultivation people are still not doing hemp cultivation on a large scale. License for hemp cultivation is still a mystry.
Hemp Tissue Paper business overview
If you are interested in the hemp tissue paper business, you need to follow the following details.
- Hemp Cultivation: You can start hemp cultivation, or you can purchase hemp crops from farmers. If you have enough land, you can also hire people for hemp farming, which is not difficult. You only need some labor while harvesting. If you don’t have much land for agriculture, you can start contract farming to get farmers’ land for one or more than one year as per your contract.
- Hence hemp cultivation is legalized in Uttarakhand, so you can start it after receiving a license.
- For more details on hemp cultivation, you can go through my previous article click here
- Tissue paper making machine: You can purchase a device which will cost approx Rs 5 lakh, little space needed labor required 3, 1 skilled and two nonskilled.
- You can sell tissue papers to hotels, restaurants, call centers, cinema halls, malls, and you can also sell them online on Amazon, Flipkart, Shopify, etc.
Paper making machine
Hemp Products –
Tissue paper, Toilet papers, kitchen towels, paper roll, facial tissue, napkins, hand bags, sanitary pads etc
Note– Machine will be for specific item; for example, if you want to make toilet rolls, you need a toilet roll machine and if you’re going to make facial tissue or napkins, you need to buy different machine you can’t make all of them in single device.
- For complete setup of this business you need approx. Rs 8 lakh.
You can get an idea about hemp toilet paper manufacturers and hemp toilet paper machine by the below video. This may use in hemp paper products.