Chhattisgarh godhan nyay yojana or cow dung scheme was started on 20 July 2020. Under this scheme Chhattisgarh government is procuring cow dung to make gaushalas self-sufficient in Chhattisgarh. The cow dung will be used for agriculture purposes from making manure to vermicomposting. Government is also planning to generate electricity through cow dung. Chhattisgarh becomes first state to buy cow dung from cattle rearing farmers in India and at the same time it has become the first state to convert cow dung purchase into profit.
- 1 Godhan nyay yojana scheme
- 2 Chhattisgarh godhan nyay yojana merits
- 3 Chhattisgarh Godhan Nyay Yojana Awards
- 4 Benefits of Godhan Nyay Yojana Chhattisgarh
- 5 How to apply for cow dung scheme Chhattisgarh
- 6 CG Godhan Nyay Yojana FAQ
- 6.1 What is the launch date of the cow dung scheme in Chhattisgarh?
- 6.2 Who started the cow dung scheme in Chhattisgarh?
- 6.3 What are the aims of the scheme?
- 6.4 Cow dung scheme is made for whom?
- 6.5 How many gauthan are in Chhattisgarh?
- 6.6 How to sell cow dung online?
- 6.7 What is the cow dung selling price in Chhattisgarh?
Godhan nyay yojana scheme
Cow dung scheme was started by Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel on 20 July 2020. Under godhan nyay yojana cow dung is being purchased by the state government from the cattle rearing farmers. The main motive of CG Godhan Nyay Scheme is to increase the income of cow herders. Under the CG Godhan Nyay scheme, a benefit amount was transferred to the beneficiary’s account in the month of July 2021. The amount was given to the women self help groups, gauthan committees and cow herders. Rs 5 crore 33 lakh has been transferred to gauthan committees. Chhattisgarh government is applying the cow dung to make fertilizers and vermicomposting along with electricity production. Till now Chhattisgarh government has purchased cow dung of Rs 100 crore 82 lakh from cow rearing and collectors. Chhattisgarh government asked collectors to properly review the collection, repair and construction works of gauthans and keep working as per the requirements. Under gauthan nyay yojana chief minister of chattisgarh transferred an online amount of rupees 1 crore 74 lakh as 27th installment. At Present 5590 gauthan’s are active in the state and approval for construction of 9950 gauthan has been sanctioned by the Chhattisgarh government.
Chhattisgarh godhan nyay yojana merits
The success of the scheme is being discussed all over the country. Under the cow dung scheme in Chhattisgarh the following benefits have been generated.
- 15 March 2021 - Till 15 march 2021 1188611 quintal fertilizer has been produced by cow dung.
- Among this 83900 quintal fertilizer has been sold.
- Through this scheme 162497 pastoralists have been benefited.
- Out of these 162497 cattle rearers, 70299 were landless cattle rearers.
- Good for females - Among beneficiaries around 45 % beneficiaries are ladies.
- The money for the purchase of cow dung by the government goes directly to the accounts of the cattle owners.
Chhattisgarh Godhan Nyay Yojana Awards
- National Award - National award has been given to the official website of godhan nyay yojana.
- National Award - National award has been given to the Mobile App of this yojana.
- The website and app is organized by the state agriculture department.
- The website and app is developed by chips.
- Skoch Gold Awards 2021 Chhattisgarh - On 20 March 2021 Godhan nyaay Yojana Chhattisgarh has got the privilege of Skoch gold award.
- The Chhattisgarh cow dung scheme is promoted by agriculture affairs committee and Lok Sabha.
Central government is planning to launch the godhan nyay yojana in the entire India after getting huge success in Chhattisgarh.
Benefits of Godhan Nyay Yojana Chhattisgarh
- Chhattisgarh cow dung scheme provides an extra income opportunity to farmers.
- Earlier this cow dung was wasted in huge amounts.
- Under this scheme cow dung will be used to make fertilizer in the agriculture sector.
- Now cow dung will be used for making electricity as well.
Chhattisgarh cow dung scheme facts and figures
- Chhattisgarh cow dung scheme will be run in two steps
- 1st step - 2240 cow shades of the state will be connected
- 2nd step - 2800 cow shades will be connected.
- Price of cow dung - Chhattisgarh government will purchase the cow dung from cow rearing at the rate of Rs 2 per kg.
- 21st July 2021 - Chhattisgarh government has purchased cow dung for the first time on 21st July 2021.
How to apply for cow dung scheme Chhattisgarh
You need to follow the below given instructions step by step.
- Open play store
- Search - Chhattisgarh godhan nyay yojana Chhattisgarh (type in search box)
- Click on search button
- Godhan Nyay Yojana application will open
- Now click on the install button to download godhan app and the application will be installed on your phone.
- After downloading the godhan app you have to open the cow dung application (godhan app).
- Click on how to apply for Chhattisgarh Godhan yojana option
- Application will open in your screen
- Fill the godhan application form
- Form filling - details like your name, number etc
- After filling the form
- Click on submit the form
CG Godhan Nyay Yojana FAQ
What is the launch date of the cow dung scheme in Chhattisgarh?
20 July 2020
Who started the cow dung scheme in Chhattisgarh?
Cow dung scheme was started by CM Bhupesh Baghel in Chhattisgarh.
What are the aims of the scheme?
- Government wants to make the states gaushala self-reliant under this scheme.
- Increase the incomes of livestock farmers.
- Use of cow dung for making manure.
- Use of cow dung for making vermicompost.
- To generate electricity through cow dung.
Cow dung scheme is made for whom?
Cow dung scheme is made for cow rearing farmers. The main purpose of this godhan yojana is to increase the income of cow rearing farmers.
How many gauthan are in Chhattisgarh?
- Active gauthan - 5590
- New gauthan permission - 9950
How to sell cow dung online?
If you live in Chhattisgarh then you can easily sell cow dung under godhan nyay yojana. You can use the godhan app to sell the cow dung online.
What is the cow dung selling price in Chhattisgarh?
Rs 2 per kg is the selling price of cow dung in Chhattisgarh.