Hello farmers, the agarwood inoculation process explained simply in this article. The agarwood inoculation process is very important for successful agarwood farming. So please read carefully this article. The inoculation process is explained in a very easy language in order to help you.
The agar tree is mainly known for its fragrance and is heavily used in the perfume industry. Resin is a dense tacky substance of agar plant. Resin looks blackish in colour and it is embedded in the heart of the agar tree. Generally, one agarwood tree needs 8 to 10 years to produce a good amount of resin. However, 2 to 5-year-old agar tree can also produce resin but that is not worth and it will not give the value equal to 8 to 10-year-old agar tree.
So do not perform the inoculation process in the immature plants; let the tree get mature to produce good quality resin.
Agarwood Resin Formation Process
Resin is a blackish dense viscous substance present in the heartwood of agartree. Whenever a tree gets infected it releases a black dense substance to recover the damage and this substance is called resin. Let’s understand the resin formation process with an example: whenever the human body is damaged by any cut or wound It releases white blood cells to stop the flow of blood.
Similarly, plants also release their saliva to overcome the injury and in agar trees, this saliva released by the tree to heal the injury is known as resin. Resin is a very important and valuable product of agar tree. Resin is highly used in producing perfumes and agar tree wood is used in making incense after the oil extraction process. Hope you are enjoying reading this article, continue reading it till the end.
Agarwood inoculation process explained simply
The agarwood inoculation process is performed to achieve resin from the Agar tree. Forest trees used to produce resin after a longer time due to no inoccupation process performed with them. The tree under the inoculation process produces “Resin” in a shorter time in comparison to other agar trees.
Resin is a precious black dense liquid substance derived from the agar tree.
Through inoculation, process resin is obtained from the tree.
- Agar inoculation process needs at least 8 to 9 years to produce good value.
- In this process, the Agar tree is intentionally wound or cut from different parts.
- Then the medicine is transmitted to the wound area to get a fungal infection.
- After getting a fungal infection tree releases saliva in the form of resin to heal the wound and this resin is captured or collected.
- This resin is very precious and has a great national and international demand.
- Via wounds of the tree the inducer is transmitted to the other wound area of the tree.
- Resinous wood is formed after a few months.
- 4 to 9 months are required to form resinous wood.
- Agarwood’s soft scent is taken after the baking process of the wood.
- agarwood is also known as aloeswood, gharuwood and eaglewood. Agarwood is well known for its fragrant quality, it is a resinous wood used for making incense, engravings and perfumes.
What is resin?
Resin Rajasthan’s most valuable product is produced by another wood tree. Resin is a dense black substance which is released by an agar tree to heal the damage, this resin is released after getting cut or wound.
How long agar tree gets ready for harvesting?
After 8 to 10 years Agar tree harvesting is considered.
What is the other wood price per kg in the USA?
$10,000 is the price of an agarwood tree in the USA.
What is the temperature required for agarwood tree?
20°C to 30°C is the ideal Agarwood temperature.
What is the water requirement for agarwood trees?
Agar tree needs a good amount of water and 2000 mm to 4000 mm per year of rainfall is required for agar tree.
What type of soil is required for agarwood tree?
Usually, the Agar tree grows well in hilly areas above 750 meters of sea level. Agarwood tree grows better in red, yellow podzolic, clay sandy soil, and loamy soil.
Is agarwood farming profitable?
Yes, agarwood tree farming is profitable and farmers can earn nearly Rs 9 crores after 8 to 10 years by planting 700 agar trees. Remember, for this much earning agarwood inoculation process should be successful.
Thank you for giving your valuable time. Hope you got the answer. Feel free to ask any relevant query. You can also share this informative article with your family and friends.